When and Where: September 18, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, Saint Michael's College 0
Records: SNHU 3-1-0 (1-1-0 NE10), SMC 2-2 (0-2 NE10)
Junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.) and sophomore Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) each scored goals to lead the 22nd-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Saint Michael's College on Wednesday night at Penmen Stadium.
- Patterson's goal is her team-leading third of the season, while Glorud's second marker of the year gives her the team-lead in points (7).
- Sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ontario) turned away the only shot that came her way for her first shutout of the season.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Saint Michael's goalkeeper Liz Vallatini stopped four of the five shots she saw in the first half, while Katie Escobedo thwarted seven of eight bids after halftime.
- The Penmen outshot the Purple Knights, 23-4, and owned a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks.
- At 3-1, Southern New Hampshire is even with last season's record through four matches.
- The Penmen improve to 36-10-8 (.741) over their last 54 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- SNHU also betters its record to 20-2-2 (.875) at home since the end of the 2016 season.
- The Penmen return to action Saturday, Sept. 21 (4 p.m.) when they play host to the University of New Haven at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.